Thursday 4 March 2010

A Pat on the Back!

Here's a nice little feedback by one of our visitors on their Great Day out at the Museum. This piece was published in this week's Classic Car Weekly -

Coventry Class

"In a past edition of CCW you mentioned the Museum of British Road Transport in Coventry as worth a visit. I therefore thought you might be interested in a little feedback. On a recent trip to Solihull to collect a pair of wind deflectors for my Saab 900 Classic, my wife and I decided to use the rest of the day to visit Coventry's Museum. We are so pleased that we did, as we had a wonerdful few hours looking at the exhibitis and reminiscing about days gone-by.

On show are some superb classic cars, motorcycles, bicycles and much, much more. One thoughful aspect of the museum is that there are plenty of places where you can sit down and rest your legs and the whole place is wheelchair friendly. The staff I spoke to was very polite, knowledgeable and obviously enjoyed his job - a real happy chappy. On noticing my Saab Enthusiasts' Club badge, he invited me for a closer look at the new Spyker sports car, made by the Dutch company that has taken over Saab. What a beautiful piece of engineering it is!

We will definitely be returnng for another visit and with exhibits frequently changing, there will always be something different to see. Oh, I nearly forgot, it gets better - admission is FREE! I say well done to Coventry and thanks to CCW for this and other useful tips."

Vic Machin, Bordon, Hants.

No comments:

Post a Comment